Save energy and extend the lifetime of refrigeration applications
The VLT® Refrigeration Drive FC 103 is designed to help significantly reduce the lifecycle costs of your refrigeration systems. It offers efficiency- and reliability-enhancing features, integrated process control functions and a commissioning environment specially designed to meet the needs of refrigeration applications. It also features a setup Wizard which uses common refrigeration terms. This makes installation and commissioning easy and safe for refrigeration technicians and installers.
The continuous variable speed control provided by the VLT Refrigeration Drive makes intelligent capacity control possible. By creating stability while balancing the capacity to the actual load, system-wide coefficient of performance improves providing significant energy savings in a wide range of applications.
The drive contains all modules necessary for compliance with EMC standards. The integrated, scalable RFI filter minimizes electromagnetic interference, and the integral DC link chokes reduce harmonic distortion in the mains network. As these features are built in to the drive in the factory, cabinet space can be reduced. Efficient EMC mitigation also enables the use of cables with small cross sections which reduces installation costs.
Supply voltages and power range
3 x 200-240 V…1.1-45 kW
3 x 380-480 V…1.1-450 kW
3 x 525-600 V…1.1-630 kW
Features and benefits
- Energy consumption and maintenance requirements are reduced thanks to a range of pump features such as the pump cascade controller and flow compensation
- Optimum system efficiency is achieved by taking advantage of the drive’s software features
- Challenging environments are no problem due to the drive’s coated electronics
- The need for external cooling or oversizing is avoided as the drive operates efficiently in a maximum ambient temperature of 50°C without derating
- There are no EMC concerns as a result of integrated DC link harmonic and EMC filters
Pumps, fans, compressors, condensers and evaporators.
- VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 10
- VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 31
- Danfoss ecoSmart
- Danfoss HCS (Harmonic Calculation Software)
- Danfoss Servo Sizer
- VLT® Energy Box